All the donabe and Iga-yaki products made by Nagatani-en are hand-crafted with care, so every piece is unique and no two pieces are identical. There are slight variations within the color/ shade, shape/ curve, and patterns, among pieces, and that makes each piece so special. Also under different lighting and angle, the actual color shade and nuance may also appear slightly different from the photos in the product page.
Ideal for 2 – 3 people
- Size: 9” diameter x 4.1” high (22.5 cm diameter x 10.5 cm high) – including lid
- Capacity: 1.2 qt (1,200 ml)
- Weight: 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg)
Origin: Iga, Japan
Included in the package: Donabe (bowl and lid) and English instruction sheet.
Usage and Care
- Ideal for gas stove top use. This donabe is not suitable for electric or induction cooktop.
- This donabe can be heated while it’s empty.
- Oven-safe (up to 500℉/ 250℃). This donabe is not suitable for microwave.
- Hand wash only.
- Before the first use, this donabe must be seasoned (How to Season Donabe).